Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nesting

Today I've been "nesting."

You know, that instinct that drives pregnant women to clean everything in sight, right before the baby is due? Well, that's me today, only I'm not the one who's pregnant.

I've been busily getting the lambing area in the barn ready for the pregnant ewes. The floor is swept, the pens are set up, fresh bedding is put down in the pens. I completely disassembled my lambing kit, scrubbed and replaced everything, and restocked it with anything that was depleted or missing.

I spent time today getting the lighting set up (The barn doesn't have electricity, so this involves a complicated arrangement of work lights and extension cords, all carefully positioned to give the best light without getting in the way).

I also spent a lot of time scrubbing out a bunch of water and feed buckets, so the mothers-in-waiting will have fresh, clean food and water, without stinky buckets.

Now the only thing left to do out there is to get my bed set up, which I will do in the next couple of days.

No comments: