Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Peacock Shawl

I finally opened a shop on Etsy and have just posted my first item for sale: My glorious, one-of-a-kind, hand-spun, hand-woven Peacock Shawl.

I had really intended to make this shawl for myself. I can't even count how many hours of work I put in: Tweaking the design, spinning the wool, plying the yarn, washing the yarn to set the twist, hanging the yarn to dry, winding it into balls, then weaving the two halves of the shawl, stitching them together, and adding all the fringe. After that I lightly fulled the shawl, let it dry, and brushed it all over on both sides with a little slicker brush to give the surface a soft, velvety texture.

But in all honesty, spending all my time on the farm as I do, I'll never end up wearing a shawl this pretty. So, for the sake of our finances, I'm offering it up for sale.

There'll be more additions to my Etsy shop soon, so stay tuned!

No comments: