Monday, March 17, 2008

Senter Stage

We went to visit Senter at the trainer's yesterday. We hadn't had a chance to go see him since his first day there, so it was nice to visit him and see that he is well and happy. With so much to see and do at the new place, he clearly isn't missing us at all!

He was turned out in his pasture when we arrived. He greeted me casually when I went up to him, and was happy to accept a couple of horse cookies from me, but other than that would really rather either eat grass, run and play, or stare at the mares in the nearby pastures than waste time hearing any baby talk from me. My boy's all grown up!




He has had some training sessions so far, but is due to start much more intensive sessions soon, with a new rider. They are planning to take him to a bunch of shows this summer, and are very excited about his prospects, once he gets more education under his belt.

It'll be great to give him a job to work at, since he has a lot of energy and can use a constructive outlet for it. I can't wait to see him under saddle at a show!

No comments: