Friday, November 30, 2007

Where Are the Dakotas?

I'm too tired to think of anything significant to write about today, so instead I'm going to write about something completely trivial. It's something I've been wondering about for a while now.

I use Feedburner to keep track of the traffic to this blog. It's not a lot of traffic, but it's just fun for me to see that a few dozen people a day are reading what I write here, and it's fun to see all the different places where the visitors come from.

So the thing I've been (half-jokingly) wanting to ask is:

Where are the folks from North and South Dakota? Why don't they visit me? Was it something I said? Do I smell, or something? (Well, okay, I've been out doing chores, so we probably know the answer to that question right now).

What I mean is, this blog has had visitors from 48 states plus Washington, DC. It's had visitors from 26 countries on every continent on the planet except Antarctica. But as far as I can tell, no one from either of the Dakotas has stopped by. Where are they?

Heck, since I'm asking anyway, what about Antarctica? It's too cold down there to do anything but stay huddled inside reading blogs on the internet, right? Why not mine?

I'm kidding, really. I'm actually amazed and honored that so many people from all over the world have visited my blog. And I'm so grateful to all of you who have sent me words of encouragement and support. Things have been tough around here lately, and your kindness has been very uplifting on some of my hard days.

If our farm ever manages to get over this slump, I hope to reward you for sticking with me through the tough times by having lots and lots of entertaining, happy things to write about in the months to come.

Meanwhile, if you want to help me in my quest for world domination through blogging, tell all your friends in the Dakotas and Antarctica to stop by here and leave a comment on the blog to say "hi."

1 comment:

V.R. Leavitt said...

You know I'm all about world domination - but sadly, I don't know anybody from the Dakotas!! :-)