Thursday, February 7, 2008

Anticlimatic

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but that really wasn't much of a storm last night.

After all the extravagant claims on the weather web sites, all we ended up getting was a short period of gusty wind, and a quick downpour. The sheep shelters are all still in one piece this morning, and now the sun is out in a clear blue sky.

Much better than the damaging wind, rain, hail, and thunderstorms they were predicting!

I'm reminded of the years when Ken and I lived in Illinois, when we would make fun of the TV weather casters because they were always trying to make their weather reports sound more urgent than they really were.

My favorite was a day one November when the manic-sounding weather man was raving about how today was going to be the "COLDEST DAY IN SIX MONTHS!!!!"

Ummm.... yeah. A day in November is going to be the coldest day since May? Shocking!

1 comment:

Dancingfarmer said...

I am going to add to yesterdays list: double sided clips and zip ties too. Sometimes I need something better than a baling string tie.

By the way---I was asked to tag 5 people to tell 5 things about their self. Sorry---but I had to do it to you :-D You in turn (if you participate) need to tag 5 others.

Monica