Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Only in Buckingham County!

As I was driving to do an errand today, I couldn't help getting a chuckle out of some of the signs promoting a candidate in the upcoming election. I really wished I had the camera with me so I could have taken a picture to show you the big billboard standing in a grassy pasture, announcing to the world (or to the county, at least):

Billy Kidd
for Sheriff


Now, I'm not making fun of the candidate himself. I've never met the gentleman, and I have no reason to doubt that he's a fine human being. But come on, you know I'm not the only one who gets a kick out of the irony of the name.

Every time I see one of those signs, I can't help thinking, "What's next? Jesse James for Bank Examiner? John Wilkes Booth for President?"

What can I say? I lead a quiet life. It doesn't take much to amuse me!


1 comment:

V.R. Leavitt said...

That's awesome. We had a strange one up here for a medical building. It's called "The Rotter Medical Building."
Their specialty? Skin diseases. Ack.