Monday, December 10, 2007

Busy, Busy

My days are filled with emails and phone calls about potential horse sales. This is a very good thing, because we desperately need the money. But at the end of the day, it does leave me wondering, "Where did the day go? Did I actually accomplish anything?" because it's hard for me to believe that that's how my WHOLE day was spent.

I have several good possibilities of people who may buy horses, and the vet is scheduled to come out to do Coggins tests, shots, Bonnie's pregnancy check, and health certificates.

Yesterday, I spent a little time working with Penny, who has not been handled much lately. Usually in the paddock at feeding time or out in the pasture with the other fillies, she's pretty matter-of-fact and doesn't put on much of a show. But when I took her out into the yard by herself, I got to see her put that tail in the air and do a beautiful, big, powerful trot with tons of gorgeous suspension. Even Ken, who is not an experienced horse person, said, "Wow, I'd never noticed how beautiful she was before!"

She was a very good girl, though, and was very polite about yielding to pressure even when she was excited to be off by herself. All of Senter's foals seem to be extremely easy to work with (especially compared to the Art Deco fillies, who are much more challenging).

I did a second session with her later in the day, and she was just as calm and peaceful as she could be. What a good girl!

No comments: