Saturday, December 22, 2007

No Sale

Sad to say, the prospective buyer called this morning and decided not to buy Penny. She liked her and thought she was sweet and beautiful, but wanted something that was going to be a little taller.

It's a common trend, among people who are interested in Warmblood breeds of horses, to consider a horse that is going to be a mere 16 hands to be "short." I think it's the perfect size, myself, but the trend is for taller and taller horses.

I'm disappointed, of course, but you can't blame a person for liking what they like and wanting what they want. Horse shopping is like dating---it can take a lot of tries before you find the right one for you!

Anyway, I naturally started worrying about money again, since I didn't expect anyone else to be doing any horse shopping now, with the holidays almost upon us. But to my surprise, after a week of silence, I got inquiries from three brand new potential buyers today! That lifted my spirits quite a bit, to have more hope for maybe selling a few more horses soon.

No comments: